Fashion Needs And Consumption: Personal Perspective
After getting into this fashion field I got to know how the other side of fashion looks like. Before this I never thought we all are wasting so much and how harmful this is for our future. We got plastic band in most of the places in India,we are aware about the water wastage and pollution and somehow we try to control that. The terms like fast fashion and minimalism now everyone should be aware of so that we can join and take steps for a healthier future.
Now I have decided to buy less and to donate those garments which I think I need no more. I used to shop less frequently and during Durga puja I used to get nearly ten and more garments and drastically after knowing so much about all these I didn't get a single piece of garment this year and suddenly after questioning myself I felt I have more than enough in my wardrobe. But may be I can get myself a pair of jeans which I necessarily need.
Every year before Christmas we used to donate clothes in our schools for the needy people and we still practice that and all the fast fashion garments must be donated or dumped inside the textile recycling boxes.
We never really think about who is making our clothes!!!??? Behind the scenes what is happening?? Who are the people putting so much effort?? If we really get into this we will get to know how much harmful it is for the people who are making us look beautiful.
Steps I will now slowly try to adapt is buying from sustainable brands, trying not to waste clothes by contributing into the landfills, buying less but buying better and by donating clothes which I really don't need.
And I am trying to make my family and friends aware about these as we all together can make a change slowly. Question I ask myself before buying anything: Do I really need that?? Will that buying make any difference to my life??
Accepting change is a very difficult task but for the betterment of our future we have to accept these changes which can slowly make a big difference. And as I am slowly getting into this industry I want to be the part of designers who won't contribute to this pollution caused by the fashion industry.



Exactly what's the use of those labels. I mean I never notice them. One particular brand label that's enough.
ReplyDeleteThank you for spreading awareness 🌼
ReplyDelete